Sunday, August 22, 2010

Interview

I got this idea from Christina and interviewed Luke & Simon this afternoon while we were all sitting at the table - Luke cutting pictures out of a magazine and Simon doing puzzles. Chris was there too (possibly also cutting pictures out magazines), and we were cracking up at the answers I got. This is a cute idea. You should try it!

1. What is something mom always says to you?
L: Pick up the room!
S: Dad!

2. What makes mom happy?
L: for me not disobeying
S: Dad.

3. What makes mom sad?
L: That Honey died.
S: Dad.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
L: um, by tickling me
S: Dad (I seriously tried to get a different answer from him. He thought about it, and said, Dad!")

5. What was your mom like as a child?
L: wild?
S: doing a puzzle.

6. How old is your mom?
L: 66. (66 is as old as a grandma) Ok, then 77.
S: 2

7. How tall is your mom?
L: (measuring me with his hands) 14 hands
S: like a car

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
L: go out on a date with me?
S: ride in a car!

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
L: Take a rest.
S: Take a rest.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
L: Playing the piano. Singing? No, not singing. That's all, I fink.
S: Like a car.

11. What is your mom really good at?
L: Well, the only think I can think of is playing the piano. (That's the only thing I'm good at?) Well, that's the only thing I can think of. (puts finger to chin; that suddenly thinks of it and points his finger at me) Scooping
ice cream!
S: this puzzle

12. What is your mom not very good at?
L: Um, jumping wall-to-wall in
Toy Story 3 (Wii game)
S: driving a car (not true)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
L: Teach Maggie
piano lessons
S: (He's too busy putting a puzzle away so he can put another one together)

14. What's your mom's favorite food?
L: ice cream, no, no, it is fruit
S: coconut! I LOVE coconut (we think he meant this is HIS favorite food.
Coconut is pretty much the ONLY thing I do not like)

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
L: playing the piano
S: God. Doing this puzzle.

16. If your mom were a
cartoon character, who would she be?
L: Little Bear's mom
S:
bad guys

17. What do you and your mom do together?
L: Have special occasions, like going to plays
S: clean up. Do some puzzles.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
L: We both have the same color of skin.
S: (looks down at his clothes and at me) doing the puzzles

19. How are you and your mom different?
L: We have different shirts on.
S: play the puzzles, Mom.

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
L: Because I spend a lot of time with her.
S: Um, God! doing the puzzles, Mom.

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
L: at the mall with me
S: to the car.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to try this tonight! Funny how our kids get stuck on one idea -- or do you just play the piano a lot? :)

Katie Barker said...

Wow - that was really funny to read! ah - I'm still laughing!

christina said...

this was great! i loved that he knew honey's death would make you sad. of all the things i'm sure he's seen you cry about. :) so precious.

Katie said...

Christina, I know, right? Poor kid's seen me cry a few times. Maybe I'll actually be responsible for teachin ONE boy in the world not to ask a girl, "Why are you crying?".

And actually, Luke knew honey dying would make me sad bc she DID die. My mom and Matthew had to take he to get put down. She was in rough shape - had some sort of cancer. :(