Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Three Sons

Wow. It's been so long since I've blogged, there is no easy way to catch up on my blog. I won't try - not today anyways. I'll just say that this party of five has been doing pretty great. Overall, the transition to 3 kids has been our easiest yet. I like the fact that I'm a more relaxed, knowledgeable mom. And I LOVE the fact that Elliot is a great baby. An angel baby, in fact! He is happy, generous with smiles and a champion sleeper at night. I have wanted to blog. I have wanted to do a lot of things. But the biggest difference with having 3 boys is that there's a lot I used to do or want to do that I just can't pull off any more. Or at least right now. And I'm fine with that.

So here's a few pictures that I snapped of the boys this morning.


Here is Elliot Calvin. He is 100% pure sweetness. He turned 10 weeks old yesterday, and as of last week, he weighs 15 pounds! Except for the last two nights (growth spurt?), he averages 7-9 hours of sleep at night. (Insert Hallelujah Chorus here.) He loves to talk face to face with anyone, but especially Mama & Daddy. He's so alert and only likes to sit up. He's 2 months going on 6 (months).


I decided to pull the camera out this morning after Simon came to me and looked like this. Yep. They scrounged up some chocolate chips. Simon turned 2 on Dec. 3. In the last two months, his talking has kicked into high gear, and he finally says "thank you," not just "pease." He loves cars and sports and is obsessed with puzzles, which I think he's a genius at. He's bored with the 20+ 24-piece puzzles I have. Yep. He can put them all together. And he mastered the Melissa & Dough US Map puzzle in a few days. (Ignore my Mommy-awe.)


And here's Luke. He's closer to being 6 now than 5. How is this possible? He has a hard time getting enough energy out during the winter, but enjoys all kinds of imaginative play - kitchen (right now he's busy getting ready for a party), camping, pirate ship, dress up, etc. Last night on date night, he and his friend were milking a horse! :) His most recent favorite toy is Playmobil; he also enjoys playing Playmobil games online, when we have the computer at home. He lost his first tooth in January and is showing real improvement in learning to read!

If you want to see even more pictures, you can click here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pix of your sweet boys! And AMEN to Elliot's awesome sleep habits. I'm already praying that our 3rd bambino will be a good sleeper and that I'll confidently take the lead and help him get into a good night-time groove.

Karen said...

CUUUUUUUTE!
Must be something about that 3rd-born--ours wavers between Angel Baby & Textbook Baby. (Love the Baby Whisperer, by the way. Thanks for the great review!)

I laughed aloud at Simon's chocolate face! Truth be told... this sugar fast has me in fits. I'm ready to lick his face clean.

the johnson crew said...

Somehow i never saw this post.

i love you Katie adn I love your boys all cuties adn smarties. I love you MUCH!